Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

Outraged

I don't know where to start.

I feel so angry about a complaint and verbal assault that flared up because I told a child off for not doing what he should be doing, and for preventing me and the rest of the school from continuing with what we should have been doing.

The mother of the child was present - I did not know her or her child. She didn't like the way I told him off and the fact that it was in front of the whole school. I don't think I did anything wrong - neither do my colleagues who were present.

The mother and father came into my classroom, shouting, threatening and waving arms about, with most of my class present. It took a week for the head to speak to them about it. In the meantime, he told me they had made complaints to the governors.

What makes me most angry is the lack of support and protection from him. My colleagues were great but he was just cold and impartial.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?